Harrison Ford Has Surgery on Broken Leg


 

Harrison Ford’s role on Star Wars: Episode VII was put on hold when he was rushed to the hospital after suffering an apparent ankle injury on the set earlier this week. Now, as more time has passed, more details are starting to emerge about the accident.

Ford’s publicist made the rounds on Thursday, and it appears Han Solo took the saying “break a leg” to a whole new level.

Via ABC News:

Harrison Ford is “doing well” after surgery for his injured leg following an accident last week on the set of “Star Wars: Episode VII,” his rep said today.

“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident,” his rep told ABC News in a statement. “His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”

Ford is 71-years-old, so an injury isn’t unlikely, but reports state that this was due to a set malfunction or some sort of accident with the equipment on set. In a statement, Disney said,  “Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates.”

All of this likely means we will get an angry Harrison Ford once the film is being promoted, but the movie itself seems to be on track for its December 2015 release date.

Here’s to a quick recovery and to no more accidents on the set of the film. See what happens when you go away from using CGI, JJ.

 

 

 

Tags: Harrison Ford Sequel Trilogy Star Wars: Episode VII