Warning: Spoilers Below.
Daisy Ridley, who is portraying Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Kathleen Kennedy, sat down to do an interview with a Japanese interviewer and uploaded to a YouTube channel translated as “Channel of Anything Goes.” In the interview, Kennedy addresses the fact that Ridley came onto the set of The Force Awakens talking about her family, and how that resonated with her. Ridley was directly asked about the rumor that she is Han Solo and Leia’s kid, to which she answers with a line about her character and solitary. Check it out.
So, takeaways from this interview:
- Kathleen Kennedy says family is very important in the Star Wars universe.
- Kennedy also says that Daisy Ridley embodies that family mentality.
- Daisy isn’t sure how much she can reveal (which totally means there is something about Rey that she can’t talk about).
- Daisy Ridley says her character is about solitary, in the beginning, to which Kennedy begins to laugh.
- Ridley acknowledges that she’s heard about the Solo family rumors.
Obviously this proves nothing, but it sure seems as if both Kennedy and Ridley hinted very closely to the fact that Rey is possibly a Solo. The most popular theory about Rey, is that she is Han and Leia’s daughter and is Force sensitive, but because of fear for her safety, she is living on Jakku under the watchful eye of the Vicar who is rumored to be played by Max von Sidow, in some sort of Old Ben Kenobi (Obi-Wan) type fashion.
Another clue to Rey’s parentage is the rumor that she pilots the Millennium Falcon, quite expertly I might add, as she and Finn try and escape the First Order. Perhaps her natural ability to fly the Falcon is inherited from her father with maybe a hint of Force sensitivity from her mother.