If you’re looking to ride Space Mountain after November 16, in Anaheim’s Disneyland, then you’re in for a surprise, as it and Star Tours will have a new look. Children will get to fight a new Star Wars Rebels villain in the Jedi Training Academy, and Darth Vader and Chewbacca will be joining Disneyland’s Season of the Force, as a new Star Wars overhaul to Tomorrowland has been announced today by Disneyland officials on their official park blog.
Season of the Force will open November 16, as a temporary annual event to appease fans until the Star Wars Land themed parks open in a few years at Disneyland and Disneyworld. According to the Orange County Register here are some of the change park visitors can look forward to:
- Most of Tomorrowland will transform into a temporary Star Wars haven
- The Tomorrowland Theater will show scenes from Star Wars movies.
- Space Mountain will turn into Hyperspace Mountain with riders zooming through an X-wing starfighter battle.
- Star Tours will feature a new scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens the seventh movie in the series, which premieres on Dec. 18.
- Darth Vader, Chewy and the rest of the crew will host meet-and-greets at the Star Wars Launch Bay inside the Innoventions building.
OCR also notes that the Star Wars Launch Bay will contain exhibits of Star Wars ships and props from the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well as Dark and Light Side of the Force themed galleries. On the Dark Side, visitors can see stormtrooper armor and Sith lightsabers, and on the Light Side visitors can see Rebel flight helmets and Jedi lightsabers.
One final bit of news from OCR states that in December, kids wishing to train in the Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple, will fight alongside new characters and a villain from Star Wars Rebels.