41. Double-bladed lightsaber vs The Lirpa
The first time a double-bladed lightsaber was seen in the Star Wars cinematic universe, it was in the hands of the Sith Assassin, Darth Maul. While many Star Wars fans would like to forget the Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace ever happened, it has its place, and Darth Maul’s saber is what helps make that film memorable. The double-bladed lightsaber does not really have an equal on the Star Trek side of things…but there is the Lirpa. Remember the time when Spock wore a frilly sash and fought Kirk with those weird looking cudgels? Yeah, that’s a Lirpa, and it looks as silly as it sounds.
- Used by powerful Force-wielders both Sith and Jedi. Most notably Darth Maul.
- Lightweight and adaptable for any situation and fighting style. Can be used as a single blade, or take apart in the middle for dual-wielding.
- Used to kill Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode I
- Vulcan melee weapon
- Fan-shaped blade on one end, with a rather unwieldy club on the other.
- Used to slash at, and give Kirk little cuts.
Winner: Come on, isn’t obvious? The Double-bladed Lightsaber wins in a landslide. Look, I’m sure Trekkies will argue that the Lirpa is used as a traditional mating challenge (which makes it all the more silly), but a double-bladed lightsaber would cut the Lirpa into pieces. I’m no fighter, but put a double-bladed lightsaber in my hands, and I could cut down the most formidable of Vulcans…even Spock. Yeah, I said it, deal with it.
Next: #40 The Sith have no equal