9. Galactic Credits vs Federation Credits
Both Star Wars and Star Trek have their special brand of currency. Both are named credits. One is used universally, while the other has restrictions.
Star Wars Galactic Credits:
- The Galactic Credit is the main currency in use in the galaxy since the time of the Galactic Republic.
- The credit is backed by the wealth of the planet Muunilinst and the Intergalactic Banking Clan.
- The credit is an actual physical currency with both coins, and bills in circulation.
- The Federation credit is the monetary unit of the United Federation of Planets, even though it is stated on several occasions that the need for money no longer exists in the current Star Trek timeline.
- A medium of exchange that is accessible to Federation citizens.
Winner: Galactic Credits. Why? Because they are recognized throughout the galaxy. The Federation Credit is only recognized by those planets participating in the Federation.
Next: #8 Religions debated