7. Gungans vs Ferengi
One race is an annoying and bumbling bunch of idiots, who make their franchise worse for having been part of it, the other is the Gungans. Seriously, I don’t know one Star Trek fan that likes the Ferengi. When it comes to looks, the ferengi are far more ugly that the floppy-eared Gungans, and that mouth full of teeth makes it nearly impossible to understand what the little rat-bastards are trying to say. But does either species have any redeemable qualities, at all? Let’s see…
- Live underwater on Naboo, so you rarely ever see them.
- Helped the Jedi liberate Naboo from the Trade Federation.
- Their underwater city is neat.
- Their younglings are cute, at least.
- Jar Jar is a Sith Lord that brought about the total destruction of the Republic…I’m kidding, put down the blaster.
- Fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down…oh wait, this was supposed to be a list of good attributes, huh?
Winners: The Gungans…begrudgingly. Look, I am the first to tell people to give the prequel trilogy a second chance, because I firmly believe those three films have their own merit and place in the Star Wars saga. But, I could do without the Gungans.
Next: #6 Evil vs Evil