44. C-3PO vs Data
C-3PO has had his fair share of adventures. From a jumble of wires and parts in little Anakin Skywalker’s bedroom, to a shiny golden protocol droid that is fluent in over six-million forms of communications, serving at the behest of senators. Data, the Android that wants nothing more than to become a real boy, has also had lots of fun adventures…but which one is better?
- Type of Droid — Human-Cyborg Relations Protocol Droid
- Temperament — Fussy and worrisome
- Sidekick to R2-D2
- Served both Anakin Skywalker and Luke, then Leia. Was once in service to Padme, and then Bail Organa.
- Type of Android — Operations
- Temperament — Curious
- Self-aware and sentient
- Served on the U.S.S. Enterprise as eventual Chief Operations Officer.
Winner: Threepio, because Star Wars would not be the same without him, and Data is just another android in the service to the Federation. Seriously, while Data was cool and all, was he ever worshiped by a race of carnivorous teddy bears and bestowed the title of Goldenrod? No, didn’t think so.
Next: #43 How do they travel?