- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
There are more achievements for R2-D2 than we can count, but at the top of the list has to be finding a way to reactivate the Millennium Falcon’s hyperdrive system in Episode V. Had he not done this, then Luke might have fallen into the hands of Vader and the outcome of the story might have bene very different than what we saw.
While R2 could usually do no wrong, he had a bit of an attitude problem. C-3PO wasn’t the easiest guy to get along with, but R2 might have given him a little too much sass over the course of their relationship. There was also a moment in A New Hope when R2 gets little too confident and ends up strolling off on his own and getting captured by the Jawas. Not his best moment.
Everyone says that the Star Wars saga is the story of the Skywalker family, but there is one common thread that connects all the films in a pretty cool way. R2-D2 appears in every single film and is useful in every single film in some way. He saves our gang of heroes in every single movie, and for that reason — in addition to being adorable — has won over the hearts of Star Wars fans everywhere.
Next: 12. Chewbacca