The Hollywood Red Carpet Premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is upon us, and Dork Side of the Force is covering the live-stream via StarWars.com.
Starting at 5:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time/8:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time/7:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on Monday December 14, we will be covering the live-streamed red carpet premiere for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Make sure to stay tuned to this article for all the interviews with the cast and creators of Episode VII. From StarWars.com:
"“Live from the world premiere in Los Angeles. Hosts Andi Gutierrez, Anthony Carboni, and David Collins will be reporting on all the action, talking to stars and fans on a day that will be long remembered.”"
With The Force Awakens stars like Adam Driver (Kylo Ren), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron), along with many others — including the Original Trilogy cast — this red carpet is sure to be exciting. Remember, this is the first live-action Star Wars film in ten years, so the excitement is sure to be out of control from the Star Wars fans clamouring to get a look at their favorite stars, all the way to the cast and crew.
Image from The Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California
We should also start to see some non-spoilery reviews begin to show-up from the press in attendance, and when that happens, Dork Side of the Force will be bringing you those, as well. There will be plenty of coverage from Hollywood, so make sure to stay tuned to Dork Side of the Force, as we keep you posted and updated beginning at 7:30 p.m. CST.
While this may be the official Red Carpet Premiere for the film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuts worldwide on December 17 and 18, in just three days!
The interviews are beginning: http://www.starwars.com/
- Domhnall Gleeson is on the carpet
He’s excited to play the bad guy…General Hux.
- Andy Serkis is being interviewed (Supreme Leader Snoke) talking the secrecy. He’s still filming the third Planet of the Apes movie.
- Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) with wife, is on the red carpet.
- He talks the unique looks of Star Wars
- Driver answers fan question: Most amazing part of filming The Force Awakens was working with the original cast.
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) arrives, and right behind him, his partner in crime Han Solo — Harrison Ford
- Anthony Daniels has played C-3PO 65 times. Daniels talks about his Threepio’s red arm in The Force Awakens
- Here’s a shot of George Lucas and J.J. Abrams together. How did the universe not just implode?
- George Lucas being interviewed. Talks why he made Star Wars.
- Lucas says Star Wars is about family.
- Doesn’t seem to excited to be there on the red carpet.
- Look at the full-house of people arriving on the Red Carpet
- Lupita Nyong’o is up, looking absolutely stunning!
- Steven Spielberg is up looking much happier to be there than his old pal Lucas.
- Spielberg has known J.J. Abrams since he was 16.
- Abrams is asked about his work with Star Trek in relation to directing sequels to long-established franchises.
- Abrams asked by a fan which planet he would most like to live on. His answer: Endor is okay but too many Ewoks, Takodana is nice where Maz lives.
- This group of folks won the Star Wars: Force for Change contest and get to see The Force Awakens before the general public.
- Billy Dee Williams sighting!
- Fans who met in line for the prequels got married. Here’s their wedding rings:
- Legendary Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan has arrived!
- Mark Hamill has arrived!
- Hamill talks about the secrecy around Luke.
- Says recapturing the past is a mistake. Must blend in the characters.
- John Boyega has arrived wearing ONE GLOVE…a clue to what happens in the film?
- Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and her daughter Billie Lourd are all together.
- Carrie Fisher seems to be a tad on the tipsy side. And, I love her for it.
- Game of Thrones actress Gwendoline Christie talks about being the first female villain in Star Wars cinematic history.
- Frank Oz talks about Yoda…are we going to get a Yoda cameo in The Force Awakens?
- Daisy Ridley is all smiles on the red carpet.
- Says piloting the Falcon was “pretty cool.”
That’s a wrap, folks! The Red Carpet event will now conclude with the world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as the cast and crew, along with the press and a few lucky fans get to see the film ahead of everyone else. For the rest of us, The Force Awakens will hit theaters in three days!