There have been some major leaks hitting the internet, from those who have seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens. From potato quality film footage to screen grabs, the leaks are numerous…
You knew it would happen. Despite Disney/Lucasfilm’s best effort to avoid such major leaks like video being captured on phones, it is beginning to hit the internet at an alarming rate. Sharing platforms like IMGUR and Streamable, as well as social media platform Instagram, have been inundated with loads of new leaks directly from the film.
And, while we here at Dork Side of the Force refuse to show you those embedded videos and shared images (Because they are from the film itself and in doing so we would be violating Disney’s trust), we would not be doing our job if we did not at the very least report on the situation. In doing so, we will be describing — in detail — each scene. So, if you somehow wandered past the large SPOILER WARNING at the top of this article, then here’s your chance to safely remove yourself…
Still here? Okay, one more chance…scamper away before it gets real around here…
Okay, let’s get into it, shall we? These The Force Awakens film spoilers were found on the Subreddit StarWarsLeaks, and shared via the previously mentioned platforms. Our first major leak comes courtesy of Streamable and it involves a scene with Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis in a mocap role), General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver).
- Snoke’s voice is definitely ominous and fits the look
- Snoke appears in a Hologram, which is a great callback to the Original Trilogy with Emperor Palpatine appearing to Vader and Tarkin.
- Hux and Kylo Ren are at odds with each other. Again, this mirrors Vader and Tarkin vying for Palpatine’s approval.
- Kylo Ren is Snoke’s apprentice and the last of the Knights of Ren.
- Kylo Ren’s father’s name is flatly stated. I will not reveal that. You need to go see for yourself. It’s that big of a spoiler.
The next The Force Awakens leak comes from Instagram and is a video of Rey and Finn meeting Han Solo for the first time. The video has Chinese subtitles, which leads me to believe it came from China.
- Rey is excited and recognizes not only the ship she’s on (The Millennium Falcon) but also recognizes that she’s speaking to Han Solo.
- Rey incorrectly blurts out that the Falcon is the ship that famously made the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs which Han quickly corrects her.
- The crowd in the background were laughing and even applauded at the nostalgic reference.
The next The Force Awakens leak was a YouTube video of Rey and Kylo Ren in the middle of a lightsaber duel in the snowy forest. The video has been removed, but it is intense and filled with on-the-edge of your seat action. If anything, it only served to make me want to go see the film now…like, right now…as I’m typing this.
The entire plot of The Force Awakens has been leaked online, as well. I won’t even bother telling you which site it is that has this information, but suffice to say, I do not think it will be up long. Next, a projectionist at one of the theaters showing The Force Awakens, has leaked a few photos of a major, game-changing death. I won’t tell you who, because I feel it’s just too large a secret to divulge.
Then there’s the appearance of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker revealing himself to Rey. The setting is in fact Ireland’s Skellig Michael island, and Luke looks every bit the wise Jedi in clean Jedi Sage-like robes. The rumors of him being a filthy hermit seem to be false.
Finally, there is a photo of Kylo Ren without his mask, and then one of him in the snow, after his lightsaber duel with Rey or Finn. Kylo is sitting in the snow, half of his face has just been horribly disfigured, and he seems to be screaming in agony…and he looks as if he may be blind. This supports a long-held rumor that at some point in the new trilogy, that Kylo Ren would be a blind and broken Force user.
That’s it, hopefully the leaks will lessen once people actually get out to see the film tomorrow (December 17), and Friday (December 18), but somehow I highly doubt it will stem the flow. Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters worldwide in just one day.