Wildly popular mobile app game, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes announces an expansion to include characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens…
EA Star Wars with Disney/Lucasfilm have announced today, that the wildly popular mobile app game — Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes — is getting an all new expansion, that will include characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Here’s the official press release:
"Players can collect, fight and dominate with new characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ in Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, available now as a free* download in the App Store and on Google Play. Players are challenged to become legendary Holotable masters as they collect characters from across the Star Wars™ universe, build powerful teams, and craft strategies to dominate opponents and battle through memorable locations."
According to the presser, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is designed to grow and expand with the Star Wars universe over time. Meaning, when a new film introduces new characters, then the game will expand to include them. With the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, more than 60 characters, spanning every corner of the Star Wars universe have joined the game. Star Wars: The Force Awakens characters include:
Finn (John Boyega): Resistance Tank that keeps the pressure up with a balance between offense and defense
Kylo Ren (Adam Driver): Versatile First Order attacker that evades projectiles and can reuse special attacks when damaged
Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie): High damage leader that can grant First Order allies many extra attacks
Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac): Resistance Tank with a Taunt that inflicts Expose for big reversals
Rey (Daisy Ridley): Risky Attacker with high damage and evasion, but is vulnerable to debuffs
First Order Stormtrooper: First Order Tank that uses Advantage to disrupt enemies
First Order Officer: First Order support that grants Advantage and can manipulate both ally and enemy Turn Meters
First TIE Order Pilot: First Order attacker that can deal extreme damage in a single turn with Advantage
Resistance Pilot: Resistance attacker that can use Expose, Foresight, and Turn Meter gains to surprise enemies
Resistance Trooper: Opportunistic Resistance attacker that can deal heavy damage to debuffed enemies
As part of the celebration for the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, players logging in between December 18th through December 31st, will get two free characters inspired by Episode VII. Apple device owners will unlock Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) and a First Order Stormtrooper, while Android players will unlock Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie) and a Resistance Trooper.
If you haven’t yet downloaded and played this game, then I highly suggest you remedy this as soon as possible, as this particular Star Wars mobile app game is arguably the best one out there, for the time being. As turn-based strategy games go, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is highly addictive, and insanely fun. With the addition of The Force Awakens characters to the lineup, I don’t see myself putting this game down, for the foreseeable future.
Disney Interactive has also announced that in celebration of the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, With Up to 66% Off Star Wars Mobile Game Content. Here’s the announcement directly from Disney Interactive:
- Disney Infinity: Toy Box 3.0: Fans can get 18x more premium content for up to 50% off in the free-to-play companion app for Disney Infinity. Download for free at http://bit.ly/1NMKop1.
- In Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players can get additional 30% more crystals when purchasing in-app content. Fans can find Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on the iTunes App Store at http://apple.co/1IkE5wI and for Android devices at http://bit.ly/1TBrNkg.
- Star Wars™: Commander celebrates the holidays with up to 30% more content with purchase. Download now on Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Star Wars™: Uprising fans can download the game now on the iTunes App Store at http://apple.co/1Q0xFG4 and the Google Play Store at http://bit.ly/1KaMcdV and get up to 25% more content with premium purchases.
- Star Wars™: Force Collection: Fans can collect more with 30% off when purchasing in-app content. Find more information and download at http://bit.ly/1MhfVOF.
- Stand up against the Empire in Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions where fans can get up to 66% off with in-app purchases. Download now at http://bit.ly/1NTAk21
- Players can get all LEGO® Star Wars: The Complete Saga packs at 30% off. Download the game here http://bit.ly/1kSayj7
Sounds like the perfect time to get to playing some of these amazing Star Wars mobile app games, as well as Infinity 3.0!
Star Wars: The Force Awakens premieres worldwide tonight (December 17), and tomorrow (December 18).