After months of rumors about his role in Star Wars: Episode VIII — including ludicrous whispers regarding his portrayal of bounty hunter Boba Fett — we now seem to have confirmation that actor Tom Hardy will in fact be in Episode VIII…
Warning for Spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII
Usually reliable rumor and leak site, Making Star Wars (who in fact does get the scoop on most leaks and does get them right about 99% of the time) is reporting that Mad Max: Fury Road actor Tom Hardy will in fact be in Rian Johnson’s sequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the as yet titled Star Wars: Episode VIII. Here’s what MSW had to say:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
Basically, from what I can gleen from MSW’s source is, the First Order stormtroopers that knew Finn defected, have all been killed when Starkiller base was destroyed.
I very much love that now we have more British star power cameos in Star Wars films. In The Force Awakens, we had James Bond himself, Daniel Craig as a First Order trooper who was worked over by Rey’s Jedi Mind Trick. And, we already know the Royal Princes will cameo as First Order stormtroopers in Star Wars: Episode VIII, at some point in the film, if it doesn’t get cut for the bonus material Blu-ray release. What is it with the British and playing stormtroopers? I kid, I kid.