It’s finally here, the first TV spot for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story…
It’s finally here, the very first television spot for Rogue One. And, while we’ve seen most of — if not all of — the footage before, it does focus on the heroine of the film, Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones. Check it out:
Taking place just shortly before the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Rogue One follows a group of Rebel fighters, as they come together to carry out a desperate mission to steal the plans for the Empire’s super-weapon, the Death Star. And, they’re trying to carry-out their mission before the Death Star can be used to display the Empire’s might, and enforce the Emperor’s rule.
The cast of Rogue One is as follows:
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso:
Putting behind a checkered past by lending her skills to a greater cause, Jyn is impetuous, defiant, and eager to bring the battle to the Empire.
- Diego Luna as Ct. Cassian Andor:
- Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook:
A former Imperial pilot, Bodhi has strong piloting and technical skills to use as the pilot of the Rebel squad.
via Entertainment Weekly
- Ben Mendelsohn as Dir. Orson Krennic:
An Imperial Military Director of security for the Death Star, and Advanced Weapons Research for the Imperial military, Orson Krennic is obsessed with the completion of the long-delayed Death Star project.
- Donnie Yen as Chirrut Imwe:
A deeply spiritual warrior, Chirrut believes all living things are connected through the Force. He follows the teachings of the Jedi, although lacking Force abilities.
- Jiang Wen as Baze Malbus:
A freelance assassin who, with the harsh reality of his Imperial-occupied home world, has hardened into a pragmatic soldier and a crack shot with his heavy repeater cannon.
- Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera, a veteran of the Clone Wars.
- Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jyn’s father.
- Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, a Rebel-owned Imperial enforcer droid.
- Jonathan Aris as Senator Jebel.
- Genevieve O’Reilly, reprising her role as Mon Mothma from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- James Earl Jones, reprising his role as the voice of Darth Vader for Rogue One.
H/T – Rogue One Wiki
We want to hear from you, what did you think of the first TV spot for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story? Let us know in the comments below, and on social media.