We still have quite a while to go before the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story hits theaters, but a star of that film is speaking out, as much as her NDA allows…
Westworld star Thandie Newton spoke to Oprah Winfrey about her role in the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story, specifically about how much it means to her, a 44-year-old woman of color, to be chosen to star in such a beloved franchise.
While Newton has signed a non-disclosure agreement, and can’t reveal any details about the Han Solo film, she did allude to the fact that she is in the movie more than just a passing role.
"To be part of a legacy like Star Wars, it’s loved for a reason. I could have been in it for a brief little nothing and I would have been thrilled and delighted."
It does appear that Newton will be in the Han Solo film for more than a “brief little nothing.” Now, we just need to figure our who she portrays. I guess we’ll have to wait until the first Han Solo teaser trailer to hopefully find out.
Here’s the full interview Oprah held with Thandie Newton:
Han Solo will star:
- Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo
- Woody Harrelson as Beckett
- Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) in an undisclosed role
- Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian
- Thandie Newton (Westworld) in an undisclosed role
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge in an undisclosed role
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca
- Michael K. Williams (The Wire) in an undisclosed role
Han Solo A Star Wars Story (not the official title, hits theaters on May 25, 2018.