One of Hollywood’s best actors who has played many iconic roles, here is look at 19 quick fun facts about the legendary Harrison Ford.
Harrison Ford is known for much more than playing the lovable scruffy looking scoundrel Han Solo. While that is all we really like to focus on when we talk about him at Dork Side, we do know him for the other roles he has played.
Although you can’t really blame us for that though, it would be a bit odd talking about Raiders of the Lost Ark on a Star Wars fan site. I’m getting a bit off track here, the point is Harrison Ford is known for a lot of things, both on and off the set. A really fascinating person; and with a career that spans over several decades that shouldn’t be surprising.
So, it’s time to look at that. If you have been following our #SoloSeptember event, then you will know it has been all about Han Solo this month, and we could never have had Han Solo without Harrison Ford.
Watch your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
So, in today’s #SoloSeptember post, it’s time to honor the man himself and take a look at the person who started it all: Harrison Ford.
Here are 19 quick fun facts about Harrison Ford.
- Harrison Ford holds the rank of Life Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.
- Before becoming an actor, Ford was a carpenter. He still practices his trade to this day, more so now as a hobby.
- In Empire’s 1997 ‘The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time’ list, Ford took the number 1 spot.
- In 1998, Ford was ranked the Sexiest Man Alive.
- Kevin Costner was originally set to appear in Air Force One, Ford replaced him.
- When he divorced from his ex-wife Melissa Mathison it was reported to be the fourth most expensive celebrity divorce, costing Ford approximately $85 million.
- His wife Mathison was responsible for the screenplay E.T.
- There is a silent screen actor who shares the exact same name as Harrison Ford.
- Ford usually goes by the name Harrison J. Ford when being accredited in order to not be confused with the silent screen actor.
- Ford almost appeared in Jurassic Park. He turned down the role of Dr. Alan Grant, that role subsequently then went to Sam Neill.
- He has also turned down other major movies such as Proof of Life, The Perfect Storm and The Patriot
- There is a species of ant named after Ford in recognition of the conservation work he has carried out over the years.
- His friendship with Billy Dee Williams, Lando Calrissian, is more than just on the screen but off the screen as well. The two are in fact very good friends.
- Ford has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is right in front of the Kodak Theatre.
- During the entire Star Wars trilogy Ford supposedly never signed any contracts.
- He built his own white ranch house.
- Ford has been the star in four out of 10 of the biggest blockbusters ever produced.
- Although we would all love it to be Han Solo, Ford has frequently confessed that Indian Jones is his most favorite character and the one he is the proudest of.
- Despite everything that we know about the man. Ford is well known for being extremely private. He goes above and beyond in keeping his private life private and is rarely seen by the press unless he absolutely has to be.
So, what did you think of the 19 quick fun facts about Harrison Ford? Did any of them catch your eye? Share what you are thinking in the comments below.