We recently learned of the Sith Fleet and its importance in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and one of the ships sounds exactly like the Onager Star Destroyer.
Heads up Star Wars fans. If you want to stay clear of any potential spoilers about Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, then back your way out of this post before I get into the details of the Sith Fleet and the possible connection to the Onager Star Destroyer.
OK then. Let’s break this down and have a look.
At the end of the last month, we learned how the Sith Troopers could be fitting into Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. You can see the full break down of the details here, but to cut a long story short:
- The Sith Troopers are not connected to the First Order.
- Their loyalty is to Emperor Palpatine.
- They have been adrift in the unknown region all this time.
- The Sith Troopers have a fleet with advanced technology, including death star technology.
More from Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
- How many Oscars has Star Wars won?
- Looking back at 10 years of Star Wars: The films
- Domhnall Gleeson up for returning as General Hux
- Star Wars fan’s epic poster is The Rise of Skywalker ending reimagined
- Star Wars 25 features the first post-Rise of Skywalker canon story
Fantasy Flight Games revealed at the start of August two new large ship expansions for Star Wars: Armada, the miniatures strategy game, one of them being, the Onager Star Destroyer. Described as being a ship contain the Empire’s most dangerous weaponry, it contains a huge cannon that is capable of delivering a devasting blast on a planet’s surface.
Watch your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
Hi-resolution concept art of the Onager Star Destroyer can be seen right here. Looking at the concept art, you can clearly see the Star Destroyer hitting the surface of the planet with its high-powered cannon.
Now, it can’t just be thinking it, but looking at the concept art it reminds me of the Death Star firing upon a planet’s surface. Specifically, it reminds me of Rogue One when the Death Star fired upon Jedha and Scarif.
Because it looks so similar, it has left me wondering if the Onager Star Destroyer from Fantasy Flight Games is going to be the Star Destroyers used by the Sith Troopers in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Personally, I think it is, it seems a bit too convenient not to be.
What do you think? Have we possibly just been shown what the Sith Troopers Star Destroyers look like? Drop a comment just below sharing your thoughts.