More from Star Wars News
- Seasons of the Force and new Star Tours coming to Disneyland
- Godzilla Minus One director Takashi Yamazaki wants to helm a Star Wars movie
- The Bad Batch showrunner Jennifer Corbett gives update on series
- “We lost Freddy” Rebels cast shares reaction to Kanan Jarrus’ death
- Vanessa Marshall wants to play Mara Jade in live action
Palpatine’s Dyad Attempt
In The Rise of Skywalker, we are introduced to the idea of a Force Dyad. It is a rare occurrence where two people are connected through the Force. When they are together, they are all the more powerful and can do things through the Force others cannot.
That’s a cool idea but maybe it would’ve been better if it was brought up earlier in the saga. Anyway, in The Rise of Skywalker novelization, we find out that the Emperor attempted to create a Dyad with Anakin, and Darth Plagueis attempted to form one with him. It ultimately didn’t work or wasn’t as strong as a natural one like Ben and Rey formed.
This an interesting detail that would’ve given some more background on the Force Dyad and also would have tied the Prequels to The Rise of Skywalker even more. To know that Palpatine was aware of the Force Dyad and the ultimate power it possesses and his master tried to create one with him, helps us get an idea of how truly rare this occurrence is, and how powerful it could ultimately be.