Disney+’s The Mandalorian has been nominated for a lot of Emmys. Here’s what it’s up for.
The Mandalorian was nominated in total for 15 Emmy Awards, an impressive amount for a first-year show. Disney must obviously be happy with this impressive performance, and the hype for the show only continued as the trailer for season two dropped yesterday.
While the show will be virtual this year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, there will still undoubtedly be some exciting moments. Hopefully, whether The Mandalorian wins any awards or not, it can at least be said that this show is well on its way to being one of the best pieces of Star Wars media ever created.
The nominations for the show include a mix of personal and show-wide awards. There are a number of nominations based on visual effects and cinematography. With the revolutionary visual standards used in creating the first season, there is likely a good chance that The Mandalorian comes away victorious in at least a few of these categories. In fact, as of Sept. 16, The Mandalorian has already won its first creative Emmys — as indicated below.
Here is the full list of the Emmy nominations for The Mandalorian:
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation (Won)
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects (Won)
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour) (Won)
- Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation (Won)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour) (Won)
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series (Episodes 2, 4, 8)
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series
- Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series-Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance-Taika Waititi as IG-11
You can find out whether or not The Mandalorian wins any more of these accolades on Sunday, Sept. 20 by watching the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards starting at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.