Obi-Wan Kenobi has just wrapped up on Disney Plus and undoubtedly left fans wanting more as we wait for the next series Andor.
If you’re looking for stories that showcase Darth Vader bludgeoning his way through the galaxy or more stories about Kenobi himself this is what you should be reading.
1. Star Wars Brotherhood, by author Mike Chen (@mikechenwriter) released on May 10th, 2022 and is a must read for those looking to dive into the relationship of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. The book takes places right after Star Wars Attack of the Clones and sees Anakin Skywalker being newly appointed as a Jedi Knight. Meanwhile Obi Wan is off to the planet Cato Neimoidia on a highly important mission.
This story dives into the mind of each Jedi and shows us for the first two the bonding of their relationship into more than Master and Apprentice. It can be found on bookshelves everywhere.
2. Star Wars: Darth Vader (2020) Written by Greg Pak, is an ongoing series published by Marvel Comics. It takes place between Episode V and Episode Vl. This story showcases Vader going scorched earth in search of his past. We travel to places such as Naboo as well as see Vader tangle with the Bounty Hunter Boba Fett.
Without spoiling this is a must read series for fans of seeing Vader’s brute force mixed in with his past marriage to Padme Amidala. Currently there are 24 issues in the series with 3 volumes out in trades.
3. Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin (2016) This was a short 5 issue mini series from writer Charles Soule and illustrated by Marco Checchetto. This is set 3 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode l The Phantom Menace. The duo are on a mission to the planet Carnelion lV after discovering a distress call.
What this run does is again dive into the relationship of Obi-Wan with his newfound responsibility over Anakin in the wake of Qui-Gon Jinn’s death. It also shows us the beginning of the relationship between Senator Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker and we all know where that leads.
4. Star Wars: From the Journals of Obi-Wan Kenobi (2015) Released by Marvel Comics this can be found in single trade putting together the collection of issues that took place throughout the Star Wars 2015 run. Written by Jason Aaron and Dash Aaron the collection is a journal that Obi-Wan has written and decided to leave for Luke Skywalker.
It showcases his life both during his time on Tatooine and before. With characters such as Jabba the Hutt, Yoda, and Krrsantan appearing this is a must read!
5.Star Wars: Darth Vader (2015) You wanted Darth Vader at his most powerful? Kieron Gillen is here to answer your prayers in this 25 issue series from Marvel Comics. Taking place after the events of A New Hope and before The Empire Strikes Back this run shows us Darth Vader at his most brutal.
This run shows us Vader being tested by his master while also showing us how he learns that Luke is his son. For Star Wars fans this is a must read!
6. Star Wars: Obi-Wan (2022) From Marvel Comics and written by Christopher Cantwell this is a brand new series that began on May 4th, 2022.
The story appears to show us an old Ben Kenobi sitting down at the start of a violent Tatooine sandstorm and begin to reminisce. The second issue releases June 29th and will need to work its way into your weekly pull list!