One of the most exciting parts of Star Wars is the world building and being able to go on journeys with the characters from one planet to another. The Mandalorian hasn’t shied away from following that tradition, and the show is responsible for taking us to multiple unique planets, including live action Mandalore and Kalevala.
That’s not all, Season 3 probably contained the least amount of galaxy trekking by our father and son duo. Seasons 1 and 2 are full of unique worlds, including Nevarro, Sorgan, Trask, Corvus, Tython, Arvala-7, and Morak. The show also took us to two very familiar and beloved locations, Coruscant and Tatooine. Nevertheless, there are still a number of Star Wars planets The Mandalorian hasn’t taken us too, including some very famous ones. Could these be on the cards? Here’s a look at 5 planets Mando and Grogu haven’t been to just yet, but which we’d love to see them visit.
5. Ferrix: It would be pretty neat, especially now that we’re incredibly familiar with the place thanks to Andor Season 1. It was the place Cassian Andor was raised by Marva, her home world. The industrial planet which is seemingly full of factories would be an interesting location for Din Djarin to end up. Maybe he’ll run into a friend of Cassian’s, or an enemy!
4. Bespin: This would be quite the nostalgia trip for fans of the Original Trilogy. The gas giant features a cloud city. Bespin hasn’t been seen in live action since the OT, but The Mandalorian could change that. Seeing Din flying through The Cloud City on his speedy N1 Starfighter would be a sight to behold.
3. Lothal: A frequent setting to feature in Rebels, Lothal is Ezra Bridger’s home world and is also home to a Jedi Temple, and an overall strong connection to the force, and even some Loth wolves. It could be a place Grogu ends up liking quite a bit. Perhaps this time, he can find a cute Loth-cat to take home with him to Nevarro. The planet has a big city center but features farmland as well. It’s also a particular favorite of the Empire.
2. Geonosis: Another planet with quite a rich history, Geonosis also featured heavily in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. It’s also the location of the first battle of the Clone Wars. The planet went through a bad time during The Clone Wars, but Din and Grogu can pay a visit and show us if things have improved since then.
1. Naboo: Naboo is fondly referred to by many fans as “space Italy” for it’s Italian inspired architecture. There’s no shortage of beauty on the planet, but it hasn’t been seen in any live action show or Star Wars film since Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and that’s a shame. The Mandalorian should be the show to bring Naboo back, especially now that it’s finally at peace.
The culture, architecture and it’s gorgeous locations, including an underwater city, make it the perfect place to bring back in live action. Even Grogu’s savior, Jedi Master Kelleran Beq, may have some ties to Naboo, and that could be a reason for Din to take him there, among others.
The Mandalorian is streaming on Disney+.