Of all the Star Wars comics releasing in December 2023, this one might be one of the most interesting we’re going to get — and all the others have been, and are going to be, fantastic!
The release of Marvel’s Star Wars: Revelations (2023) #1 is upon us, and based on the official preview released this week, it’s going to be unlike anything we’ve seen in comics in a long time — with familiar characters to keep us a bit grounded in the universe at the same time, of course.
This will be the second one-shot of the annual Revelations series, and as it’s released toward the end of the year, it offers previews of what’s to come in upcoming Marvel comics through short stories written by the writers of comics you’re either already reading or likely will be soon. These stories span across eras from The High Republic to The Clone Wars and more, and there’s a little something for everyone inside.
Comics highlighted in this issue through these stories include:
- Star Wars (2020) written by Charles Soule with art by Andrea DiVito
- The High Republic (2023) written by Cavan Scott with art from Marika Cresta
- Doctor Aphra (2020) by Alyssa Wong and artist David Baldeón
- Darth Vader (2020) written by Greg Pak and artist Salvador Larroca
- Mace Windu written by Marc Bernardin with art from Chrisscross
- Jango Fett by Ethan Sacks and artist Will Sliney
- Jabba the Hutt written by Marc Guggenheim with art from Salva Espín.
The final three comics are releasing in 2024, and Revelations will offer stories surrounding these as a preview for what’s to come.
You can view the full preview exclusively on StarWars.com.
Marvel’s Star Wars: Revelations (2023) #1 releases December 20 on Comixology or your local comic book shops.
Follow Dork Side of the Force for all your Star Wars news, reviews, and more!