Every week, Dork Side of the Force highlights the best writing from around the Star Wars fan galaxy, to show you that we love reading about our favorite franchise as much as we love writing about it. Articles range in topic from the upcoming movies, to the forgotten Expanded Universe stories, to the latest toys and collectibles hitting the shelves.
- Denise Vasquez over at Examiner.com sits down with longtime Star Wars artists Randy Martinez, whose work will be featured at Celebration, and discusses how the franchise affected his career.
- At the official Star Wars site, Adam Bray gives a nice breakdown of all the roles in the films that were played by multiple actors. Did you know that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader had a total of 11 actors portraying in some manner?
- Geek Girl Diva writes over at EW.com about how her perception of Anakin Skywalker changed thanks to the Clone Wars 3-D animated series (which just bagged a few Emmy noms, by the way).
"“Suddenly, I care more about what happens to Anakin Skywalker than I ever thought possible; I’m genuinely invested in what happens to him. Knowing where he ends up doesn’t make me care less. Actually, it makes me care more, because I’m starting to see so many facets of the character that I hadn’t imagined. Now I can see why Luke would have felt the good in him.”"
- Jeffrey Renaud of Comic Book Resources interviews Kieron Gillen, the writer of the Star Wars: Darth Vader comic book series, about the creation of Dr. Aphra and the need to balance humor with seriousness in the universe.
- Finally, with a bit of acidic humor, Yahoo Movies UK lists the top 10 lamest Star Wars characters — including some likely controversial choices. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to funny lists, apparently.