Image via indiewire.com
5. Guest appearances by Gareth Edwards and Felicity Jones, with a Rogue One casting announcement.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
If D23 is going to feature Rogue One somewhere in their lineup, I think it’s likely that Gareth Edwards will show up; and I wouldn’t be surprised if the star of Rogue One herself, Felicity Jones, made an appearance, as well. I think a casting announcement of some kind is likely, too. Though, I don’t know if the full cast showing up on stage is something we can expect, especially if Rogue One is at the tail-end of a long panel. Mike and I are also unsure if they would reveal so much (a trailer and the full cast) in one panel. But with the title conflict between Rogue One and Mission: Impossible 5: Rogue Nation out of the way, Disney may want to start pushing the marketing level of the first Star Wars Anthology film to the maximum as quickly as possible. Their biggest convention would be the perfect place to start doing that, in my opinion.
Of course, we don’t even know if Rogue One will join the live-action feature film panel at D23 at all, so that’s something to keep in mind, as well.
Whatever happens on the weekend of August 14-16th at D23, you can be sure that we here at Dork Side will be on it! Stay tuned to our website, our Twitter feed, and our Facebook page for the latest updates!
You can download Mike and I’s episode in which we talk about D23 on iTunes, at our page, From a Certain Point of View (Episode 10: D23 Speculation Rises).