We’re within 40 days until Star Wars: The Force Awakens lands in theaters, and the promotional roll is heading into warp speed. This morning, Entertainment Weekly rolled out the four collector covers of their special double issue, devoted to coverage of the movie. We’ll let them describe them:
Han Solo striking a familiar pose with his blaster, Rey wielding her staff, Finn on high alert, and R2-D2 and C-3PO (basically chilling.)
Well they’re droids. They don’t really get upset over these things. They focus on the more important stuff, sand in their gears on desert planets, or finding themselves put together backwards (as once happened when Chewy tried to figure out how to put C-3P0 together.)
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
Some of the coverage we can look forward to when this week’s print/online edition drops:
- Behind the Scenes coverage, including more details on Lupita Nyong’o’s mysterious “alien pirate” Maz Kanata.
- Harrison Ford talking about Han Solo “surviving long enough to play him again.” (We should also note that the same could be said for Harrison Ford.)
- An Interview with Mark Hamill, which they promise won’t answer “Where’s Luke?”
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley about breaking down the gender and racial barriers, as well as the experience of instant fame.
- The technical and CGI wizardry of BB-8, as well as a character named Bobbajo, who they describe as a “Jakku alien huckster.”
- A deep dive into the costumes and make up and how they’ve evolved with the three trilogies.
We’ll be covering all of this as it comes out.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrives in theaters Dec 18th. Only 36 days to go!