Well, I think this would certainly make flying more interesting. Apparently the
…er excuse me
er, well, Disney, actually, has parked a X-Wing fighter in the middle of Changi, Terminal 3, one of Singapore’s busiest airports.
It’s not just a museum model either. The Straits Times reports that onlookers can climb on it, in it and take pictures of themselves with it, as if they two were going to head out ot fight the First Order.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
Much like the demonstration in China of the mightiness of the Disney Empire than backs the Star Wars movie, there was a raft of extras who made their way through the airport terminal.
Confused why there are Storm Troopers as well as Rebel fighters? That’s because there’s also a Tie Fighter, parked on terminal over.
Unlike the X-Wing the Tie-Fighter is only a scale model, because the First Order isn’t as generous as the Resistance is with their vehicles. It’s also more roped off, so that pictures cannot be taken close up. I suppose they’re worried about technology secrets of the Empire getting out and falling into the wrong hands.
According to reports, both ships will remain at the airport until January 5th.