We are a mere two days away from the worldwide theatrical premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 17 and 18, and the closer we get, the more spoilers from the film begin to surface. Warning: SPOILERS await.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
If you’re still here after that warning, then I’ll just assume you’re either a movie-masochist like myself and don’t mind having a film spoiled for you before you even have a chance to see it, or that you just can’t wait the two days until The Force Awakens premieres. Either way, hold onto your seats, because these spoilers are coming in hot. Directly from the subreddit StarWarsLeaks, we have some photos and descriptions of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary that reveals — among other things — the parentage of Kylo Ren.
The books isn’t set to go on sale until December 18, but a bookstore accidentally put them out for sale as recently as Monday, December 14.
- The blood of the most powerful Jedi and Sith courses through Kylo Ren’s veins which can only mean that he is a direct descendant of Anakin Skywalker.
- Kylo’s parents are either Han and Leia, or Luke and an unnamed female.
- Kylo was once a part of Luke Skywalker’s new Jedi Order
- He betrayed and killed Luke’s other students
- Kylo has earned the nickname “Jedi Killer” from the members of the First Order.
- Kylo’s Lightsaber is a callback to an ancient design from thousands of years ago.
- The Great Scourge of Malachor is a reference to Revan and The Old Republic, and a group of Mandalorians calling themselves Knights.
- Kylo is just one of Snoke’s apprentices, but is the most powerful.
As if this wasn’t big enough spoilerific goodness, other pages from the Visual Dictionary have made their way online as well.
- Maz is strong in the Force.
- She keeps a cache of ancient and powerful artifacts on hand, not to sell, but to use for the good, when the time comes.
Lor San Tekka:
- Lor San Tekka is a valuable asset to the New Republic and then to the Resistance.
- He is the Keeper of the Faith of the Church of the Force
- He is not Force sensitive
- Poe Dameron seeks him out for knowledge of a powerful Jedi artifact.
- Hux’s father was a famous Imperial Officer
- Hux feels that he should rule the new Empire
- Hux and Kylo Ren do not get along, and compete for the favor of Snoke
- Han and Chewbacca are not in possession of the Millennium Falcon at the beginning of The Force Awakens.
- Han has not taken his peaceful and early retirement (after Return of the Jedi) very well.
- After Return of the Jedi, Han married Leia, became a family man, and a well-known racer.
- Some kind of tragedy happens to Han’s family, and he returns to the life of smuggling.
- This tragedy seems to be the reason he and Leia are estranged at the time of The Force Awakens, and it seems to coincide with Kylo Ren’s tragedy.
- Han and Leia are heavily suspected to be the parents of Kylo Ren.
- Han and Chewbacca are actually wealthy smugglers, once again. They pilot a huge freighter at the time of The Force Awakens.
There it is, folks. Some of the most ground-shaking spoiler-filled leaks I have seen, since filming for Star Wars: The Force Awakens began filming. Even though these leaks to confirm some fan theories about certain characters, we still don’t know even half of what Episode VII will hold.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters worldwide on December 17 and 18…in just two days.