The idea that an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone Star Wars film starring Ewan McGregor would eventually be greenlit by Disney, has been circulating the rumor-mill for some time now, but thanks to a report from The Sun, Jedi Master Mace Windu could also be in the mix for his own standalone as well…
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
The Sun is reporting that Disney is making plans to go forward with at least 10 new Star Wars films ater the massive succsses of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Now, this is something we already were aware of: With Episodes VIII and IX, Rogue One and the Han Solo standalone being cast, that’s five Star Wars films that Disney has their hands in. Now the question remains, what other five films will fill that slate? Let’s assume the The Sun report is right:
- Mace Windu: (I’m not sure what a standalone film about this character could offer. He wasn’t very liked in the Prequels, but his death was a bit left open…the most powerful Jedi of that time couldn’t use the Force to slow his fall to the streets of Coruscant, below?”
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: This is the film everyone wants. With Ewan McGregor following the story set forth by the Marvel Star Wars comics storyline, this film could be amazing.
- Boba Fett: Of course he survived the Sarlacc Pit, right? I’d pay good money to watch a film about the most infamous bounty hunter in the galaxy, causing trouble and bringing in bounties for loads of credits…and in the process, coming across some of our favorite Star Wars characters.
- Darth Maul: The most enigmatic Sith Lord in the Star Wars cinematic and animated television universe. Maul was tragically cut-down too early in The Phantom Menace…his talent was wasted. Then, his story-arc was sadly cut short in The Clone Wars because Disney acquired Lucasfilm and Dave Filoni was sadly not able to complete his tale there. It appears as if Filoni will finally get some closure on Star Wars Rebels when Maul makes his return this week as Old Master, but we don’t know what will happen there. No, before Marvel took over the Star Wars comics, Dark Horse ran an amazing Darth Maul story-arc called Son of Dathomir and I would love to see some sort of that story told on the big-screen.
- Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine: This would be an amazing story to tell, and it could possibly satisfy the Darth Plagueis fanboys/girls (of which I personally subscribe). We met Chancellor Palpatine before he became the Emperor, and then we knew him and the manipulative Emperor Palpatine; we also barely knew him as Darth Sidious as he hid that side of himself from everyone. I would pay good money to see him as a boy, being chosen by his master, Darth Plagueis, and trained in the ways of the Sith, and then I would love to see him do more manipulating of the Jedi as Darth Sidious…this would make an amazin film.
The Sun does have a nice quote from The Force Awakens J.J. Abrams, about the many possibilities of Star Wars films, headed our way:
"“So many characters’ back-stories and futures can now be brought to life. When these ideas came from George Lucas 40 years ago, technology was lagging behind. Now they can be turned around in a year.”"
We want to hear from you! What kinds of Star Wars films would you like to see Disney/Lucasfilm make in the very near future? Let us know in the comments and on social media, and be sure to like, subscribe and share to our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts!