The HISHE team is back with another hilarious video, and this time, they’ve chosen the first Star Wars standalone film with Rogue One: How It Should Have Ended….
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is coming home to Blu-Ray/DVD on April 4, and before that on March 24, the film will be released for Digital HD download. To help pass the time, between now and then, the gang at How It Should Have Ended have created an all-new video featuring the very first Star Wars standalone film, with Rogue One: How It Should Have Ended. Check it out:
Another great addition to the Star Wars: How It Should Have Ended videos. Let’s see if we caught all the points that HISHE is known for making:
- No title crawl in Rogue One.
- Director Orson Krennic’s shuttle landing “400 yards” away, giving the Erso’s time to prepare. But hey, at least he got a cool slow motion villain walk.
- Lyra Erso kills Krennic and could have ended the film there.
- Galen Erso just gives Bodhi the plans to the Death Star, instead of having her and the Rogue One team going on a suicide mission to Scarif. Again, roll credits, the movie’s through.
- Saw Gerrera inexplicably stays behind to die on Jedha, instead of coming with Jyn and helping the Rebellion fight the Empire.
- Jyn finds where Galen is being held and rescues him by killing Krennic and his Death Troopers.
- Darth Vader tells a dad joke (unbeknownst to him) and Krennic calls him out on it.
- Vader is super excited to be a father.
- Chirrut Îmwe created his own lightsaber and proceeds to dispatch the troopers because he’s now a Jedi.
- Bodhi tosses back the grenade that kills him in the film.
- Jyn and Cassian are going to make out before Scarif gets blown to bits, but instead, K-2SO and the rest of the team show up in a U-Wing and rescue them.
- Vader’s final scene in Rogue One is reimagined to have him just use the Force to pull the Death Star plans to his waiting grasp. Again, roll credits. The End.
Personally, I love the How It Should Have Ended videos, and especially love the Star Wars versions. While not my favorite, this Rogue One: How It Should Have Ended definitely had its moments. I’d give it a 6/10.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
We want to hear from you: What’s your favorite HISHE Star Wars video? Let’s discuss in the comments below.