The midseason trailer for Star Wars Rebels season 4 is finally here!
The excitement surrounding the final episodes of Star Wars Rebels has been building for some time now. For weeks we’ve speculated on when we’d see the official season 4 midseason trailer, and today, it has finally happened.
The trailer opens with several flashbacks centered around Ezra and the moments he met the crew of the Ghost in season 1, all the way up to the current season 4 timeline…and then, it gets really good. Check it out:
There is a lot to unpack here. The first being Kanan cutting his hair before going in to save Hera. We don’t know what that means, but it could be symbolic of the Jedi Knight making his final mission.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- The High Republic Adventures (2023) 1 review
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
Next, we’ve got Ezra in a stormtrooper’s armor looking at the bird that was seen in the season 2 finale. It has been associated with Ahsoka and from The Clone Wars animated series relating to the daughter from the Mortis story-arc.
We’ve also got Emperor Palpatine returning to the show and according to Entertainment Weekly, the man who portrayed Palpatine in the films — Ian McDiarmid — is going to voice the character. There are some other great shots to talk about:
- Hera doesn’t like Kanan’s new haircut.
- Sabine kicks in a door or wall wielding Ezra’s lightsaber.
- The Loth-wolves racing beside the Ghost, apparently about to attack the Empire.
- Old Man Rex in his Return of the Jedi Endor armor.
- The previously mentioned Father, Son and Daughter portrait from the Mortis arc.
- Emperor Palpatine confronting Ezra.
And now, for the pièce de ré·sis·tance, we firmly believe Ezra will speak with the Force Ghost of Ahsoka Tano.
If you look at the way the hood arches in the back, it closely resembles the robes Ahsoka wore in The Clone Wars. Or, you know, it could be Emperor Palpatine in a hologram…I guess we’ll have to wait and find out.
Star Wars Rebels returns for its final episodes on February 19, on Disney XD.