No character in the Star Wars universe has spoken more powerful words than Yoda. Let’s take a look at five of his most inspiring quotes.
Master Yoda has always been one of the most influential characters in all of Star Wars. Given Yoda’s life experiences, when he speaks, people listen.
So, let’s take a look at five of Yoda’s most influential quotes that we can maybe use as inspiration for our everyday lives.
More from Star Wars Characters
- Every time Boba Fett has escaped the Sarlacc Pit
- Hayden Christensen discusses return to Anakin Skywalker
- 3 major ways the Star Wars Holiday Special changed canon
- Are Cassian and Jyn Star Wars’ most tragic potential romance?
- Celebrating 20 years of Asajj Ventress
5. “Always pass on what you have learned.”
As he was preparing to die, Yoda spoke these words to Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Yoda was letting him know that after he passes away, Luke would be the last of the Jedi, and that it was critical for him to not fall to the dark side, despite the potential temptations from Emperor Palpatine. Yoda would die several moments later.
4. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?”
In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, while Luke Skywalker was down on himself during his Jedi training when he failed to lift his ship using the force, Yoda reminded him that size does not matter, even though Luke insisted he could not lift the ship because it was too heavy. Yoda then marked this quote, and proceeded to lift the ship using the force, showing Luke that size indeed does not matter.
3. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
Upon having haunting visions, Anakin Skywalker decided it was time to meet with Yoda himself to discuss this in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Seeing that Anakin had a fear of loss, Yoda reminded him that he has to let go of anything he is afraid to lose, or he very well could be led to a path towards the dark side.
2. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
In Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, while young Anakin Skywalker met Yoda and the rest of the Jedi Council for the first time, it’s discovered that Anakin misses his mother, and he is afraid that he will lose her. Yoda can sense Anakin’s fear, which is what leads to this notable quote.
1. “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
While training Luke Skywalker to be a Jedi in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Yoda gives him a task, and Luke says he will try to achieve it. As a result, Yoda doesn’t take to fondly to Luke saying that he will simply try. Yoda basically says there is no such thing as trying, which leads to what is probably the Jedi Master’s most famous quote.
Which of Master Yoda’s many memorable quotes do you believe is the most inspiring? Let me know in the comments below.