The latest Dork Side of the Force podcast discusses Star Wars: The Clone Wars finale, movie news and more.
This year’s Star Wars Day brought exciting moments for fans across franchise. First, there was The Clone Wars finale and then the big news that Taika Waititi would be directing a new Star Wars theatrical film.
Sooz and Meg discuss the news, including their feelings on the series finale of the animated series.
Check out the full coverage on The Clone Wars finale here:
- The Clone Wars finale review
- The return of (SPOILER) was well worth the wait
- The symbolism of the final scene
- The biggest link between the finale and the Martez Sisters act
- The Clone Wars didn’t retcon the Ahsoka — it made it more impactful
Want more news on Taika Waititi’s movie, get more coverage here:
- Characters we hope to see in Taika Waititi’s movie
- Three ideas for Waititi’s new Star Wars film
- 6 actors Waititi should reunite with
- Krysty Wilson-Cairns is dark horse co-writer joining Waititi
More news was confirmed on that day. Along with Waititi and Wilson-Cairns co-writing a new movie, Lucasfilm confirmed Leslye Headland is also developing a series for Disney+.
Lucasfilm was light on details on all accounts, but at the very least it gave us something to look forward to down the line. Waititi has experience in the Star Wars world having directed episodes of The Mandalorian and also voiced IG-11 in the series.
That gives us several series in the works and a movie on the horizon.
Listen to all the Star Wars Dork Side of the Force podcasts here.