We made an error in our time calculations for the Star Wars Celebration Europe schedule. Below is a guide to help you correctly translate local London time to United States Eastern Daylight Time.
UPDATE 7/13, 6:41 pm EST: The Future Filmmakers panel is not currently listed as being part of the livestream, per this week’s episode of The Star Wars Show.
Following the Star Wars Celebration Europe schedule is difficult if you’re not sure how local London time translates to our hours here in the United States. Below, we have a guide to help you calculate the times for all the panels you want to follow.
Local London time is five hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time in the United States. To calculate what time the panels you want to see will be streaming or tweeted about in the U.S., simply:
- Go to the official schedule on StarWarsCelebration.com and search for the panels you’re interested in.
- Take the time listed for the panel and subtract five hours to obtain the EDT equivalent.
- Add or take away hours from EDT to accommodate for your zone in the U.S..
Last week, we said the Rogue One panel, which will premiere a new trailer for the spinoff film, would stream at 9:00 pm EST this Friday, the first day of SWCE. We calculated this time based on adding five hours to the local London time instead of subtracting. In reality, the panel should stream at 11:00 am EDT on Friday.
More from Star Wars Celebration
- Diary of a first-time Star Wars Celebration attendee
- Every Star Wars project still in development
- The opening crawl is coming back to Star Wars movies
- Dave Filoni consulted Heir To The Empire author about Thrawn
- New Ahsoka trailer reveals live-action Thrawn
For your convenience, below are the two Star Wars movie panels confirmed to be streaming live on the official Star Wars YouTube channel, with their times here in the U.S..
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – July 15th, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT
- Future Filmmaker Discussion & Closing Ceremony – July 17th, 10:00 am – 11:30 am EDT
Keep in mind, not all the panels you are interested in will be livestreamed. For example, it has not been confirmed if the Star Wars Rebels Season 3 panels will be available for viewing on YouTube. For that panel and others not being streamed, keep checking our site and our social media (@dorksideoforce on Twitter) for the latest news.
We apologize for any confusion our initial article stating the Rogue One panel U.S. streaming time as 9:00 pm on Friday may have caused.