The Ahsoka Lives panel livestreamed from Star Wars Celebration Europe this morning, revealing past and future plans for fan-favorite animated character, Ahsoka Tano. Here’s what we learned.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
Ahsoka Tano has been a fan favorite character since her initial debut in The Clone Wars movie in 2008. Since then she’s undergone an epic story arc that was sadly cut short when The Clone Wars television series was cancelled in 2012, then picked up again in the second season of Star Wars Rebels. The season two finale of Rebels and her showdown with her former master, Darth Vader, left many unanswered questions about her fate following that battle. And of course, curiosity still remains over what she has been up to since she left the Jedi Order at the end of The Clone Wars season five.
The Ahsoka’s Untold Tales panel, hosted by series director Dave Filoni, the voice of Ahsoka, Ashley Eckstein, and story group guru Pablo Hidalgo, aimed to shed some light on Ahsoka’s mysterious past and future.
- Dave Filoni wrote a fable about Ahsoka’s childhood before she was discovered by Jedi Master Plo Koon. He played with the idea that Force sensitive children, being rare, are also targets for bounty hunters. He created a character design for such a bounty hunter who would try to kidnap Ahsoka from her village.
- After Ahsoka left the Jedi Order, she had a boyfriend “for a hot minute,” says Ashley Eckstein, whose name was Nix.
- Ahsoka would have gone to the lower levels of Coruscant after she left the Order in a story arc which was in development. Whilst down there, she would have discovered an ancient Sith Temple.
- She would have reunited with Anakin Skywalker briefly in an episode arc called “The Siege of Mandalore,” and been given command of the 501st clone legion. Some of the clones’ armor would have been painted based on her facial color scheme and skin pattern. She would also have battled with Darth Maul.
- During Order 66, Ahsoka was being hunted by clone troopers and she summoned a pack of giant wolves with the Force to hold them off.
- The cover of the upcoming Ahsoka standalone novel by E.K. Johnston, coming this fall, was revealed. Check it out below:
- For Star Wars Rebels, Filoni drew concept art of what the battle between Ahsoka and Vader would look like on a whiteboard. For months, ILM employees were afraid to erase it.
- Filoni drew a series of Topps cards featuring original Ahsoka designs, which you can collect in the Topps Star Wars Trading Card app. Take a look at them below.
- An exclusive Funko Pop! of Ahsoka is on its way from Hot Topic.
- Next, the panel showed an animatic of Ahsoka and Nix, which you can see below courtesy of Savannah Kiefer of Twitter.
- Filoni revealed during Order 66, Ahsoka cannot see Anakin in the Force and therefore doesn’t believe he could be Darth Vader until she finally sees him for herself at the end of Star Wars Rebels season 2. He says this idea is explored in the Ahsoka novel.
- Ahsoka may still be alive! Filoni says, “I was very adamant after the Season Two finale that that was it for Ahsoka on Rebels…but after the reaction…I dunno. It just might be possible to see her again.”
That’s it from the Ahsoka’s Untold Tales panel! What do you think of all these revelations? Do you think Ahsoka is still alive? And if so, how will she appear again in canon following Star Wars Rebels? Maybe the Ahsoka novel by E.K. Johnston will shed some light on what to expect.
Keep checking Dork Side for more Star Wars Celebration Europe panel recaps.