Just three-days after the second official Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer aired on NBC during the Olympics, the first International Trailer for the film has dropped, complete with some new footage and lines…
A new trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has just dropped, and its the international version of the second trailer, for the first Star Wars standalone film. There’s a couple of new scenes, as well as some new lines, but other than that, it’s not all that different than the one that aired on NBC during the network’s coverage of the Olympics. Check it out: (YouTube video via Comicbook.com)
What’s different about this trailer: Extended dialogue from Mon Mothma. Confirmation of Jyn Erso’s father sending the encoded Imperial transmission. Captain Cassian Andor’s line: “The message was sent by your father.” Less Director Orson Krennic, and more shots of Deathtroopers.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story stars:
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso.
- Diego Luna as Captain Cassian Andor.
- Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook.
- Ben Mendelsohn as Director Orson Krennic.
- Donnie Yen as Chirrut Imwe.
- Jiang Wen as Baze Malbus.
- Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera, a veteran of the Clone Wars.
- Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jyn’s father.
- Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, a Rebel-owned Imperial enforcer droid.
- Jonathan Aris as Senator Jebel.
- Genevieve O’Reilly, reprising her role as Mon Mothma from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- James Earl Jones, reprising his role as the voice of Darth Vader for Rogue One.
The official synopsis for Rogue One is: “From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves. In theaters December 2016.”
As Forest Whitaker’s character — Saw Gerrera — asks Felicity Jones’ character — Jyn Erso: What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight…what will you become? Rogue One hits theaters worldwide on December 16.