An all-new deleted scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, shows the showdown between Unkar Plutt and Chewbacca at Maz Kanata’s castle…
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D is coming to Blu-Ray on November 15, and as part of the features included in the release, is a scene deleted scene that features a showdown between Unkar Plutt and Chewbacca at Maz Kanata’s castle.
In The Force Awakens, the last time Star Wars fans saw Unkar Plutt, he was shaking his fist at the escaping Rey and Finn in the Millennium Falcon, screaming “That’s mine!” However, in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization, Unkar Plutt actually follows a tracking beacon he placed on the Falcon, all the way to Maz Kanata’s castle, and confronts Rey there.
Entertainment Weekly got the scoop and has provided the video of the deleted scene. Check it out:
What the above video doesn’t show — and hopefully it will be a full deleted scene on the actual The Force Awakens 3D Blu-Ray release — is Chewbacca becomes enraged at Plutt’s jabbing his wound, and he rips Unkar Plutt’s arms off. Here’s EW’s description of the complete scene:
"“Chewbacca disarms him. We’re talking literally. Rip! Plorp! A limb goes flying and lands on the gambling table, earning a high-pitched scolding from Warwick Davis’ character Wollivan.We’ve heard a lot of talk over the years about the volatility of Wookiees, but in truth, we’ve only ever seen the softer, cuddlier side of Chewbacca. In the original Star Wars, C-3PO is warned not to beat Chewie at a game of chess, lest he invoke the creature’s wrath.”"
Sounds exciting, yes? Personally, I am very that Lucasfilm is finally including this deleted scene, but I’m also a bit miffed this wasn’t included on the original Blu-Ray release. Along with this deleted scene, here is a list of what else you can expect from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Blu-Ray, which will be released on November15:
- NEW Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of Star Wars: The Force Awakens alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of Star Wars: The Force Awakens moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn’t make the film’s final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams, and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film’s remarkable digital artistry, and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
I guess I will be opening the old wallet, on November 15. H/T – Blu-Ray.com
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
We want to hear from you: Does this deleted scene (in its entirety), plus the other bonus features, make you want to purchase the Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D on Blu-Ray? Let us know in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #TFABluRay3D.