Thanks to a thread in the subreddit, Star Wars Leaks, we may have stumbled upon some very important spoilers for the casting of returning “classic Star Wars characters” in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story…
There have been rumors swirling around Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, ever since the announcement that Lucasfilm was going forward with the film in 2015, that we would see some classic Star Wars characters in the film. And, so far, we’ve seen the likes of Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Darth Vader in the trailers and photos for the film, of course.
But, thanks to a thread on the subreddit, Star Wars Leaks, we may finally have some answers as to which actors are playing those “classic Star Wars character” roles, in Rogue One. Warning: Rogue One SPOILERS ahead!
Redditor tphilb, claiming to work for a company close to Rogue One filming, posted the original thread. Apparently, the list you are about to see is going to be part of the cast list during the credit role at the end of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. And, there are some interesting names filling out some interesting characters in the film:
- Music by — Michael Giacchino
- Original Star Wars Music — John Williams
- Jyn Erso — Felicity Jones
- Young Jyn — Beau Gadson
- Younger Jyn — Dolly Gadson
- Galen Erso — Mads Mikkelsen
- Lyra Erso — Valene Kane
- Cassian Andor — Diego Luna
- K-2SO — Alan Tudyk
- Chirrut Îmwe — Donnie Yen
- Baze Malbus — Jiang Wen
- Bodhi Rook — Riz Ahmed
- Saw Gerrera — Forest Whitaker
- Mon Mothma — Genevieve O’Reilly
- Bail Organa — Jimmy Smits
- Princess Leia — Ingvild Deila, with Special Thanks to Carrie Fisher
- Darth Vader (voice) — James Earl Jones
- Darth Vader (body acting) — Spencer Wilding & Daniel Naprous
- Orson Krennic — Ben Mendelsohn
- Governor Tarkin — Guy Henry, with Special Thanks to Peter Cushing
- General Dodonna — Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan Selmy, Game of Thrones)
- C-3PO — Anthony Daniels
As you can see, we’ve bolded four names from this list. Princess Leia’s actress Ingvild Deila, Tarkin’s actor Guy Henry, Dodanna’s actor Ian McElhinney, and Anthony Daniels returning as C-3PO. R2-D2 was not mentioned, but with Kenny Baker passing away this year, ILM can now work around the R2 situation by having a fully functioning remote controlled R2 unit on set.
More from Dork Side of the Force
We’ve long speculated that Rogue One’s final seconds could be the beginning moments of A New Hope, with Princess Leia recording her message to Obi-Wan Kenobi. If this list holds true, then it completely makes sense to have these actors pay these roles, as they look like the classic Star Wars characters of old.
We want to hear from you: Do you think this list holds any truth? It makes sense to have Leia and her droids in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and on social media.