1. Star Wars by Adidas
Back in 2010 when these shoes first dropped I was like WHOA! Granted some of the designs weren’t exactly something I would wear. Still, the coolness of seeing Luke Skywalker’s jumpsuit getting made into its own sneaker design was very exciting. The day these were set to hit stores people were lined up outside waiting for the Adidas, that was conveniently around the corner from where I was living at the time, to open.
Even the way the shoes were packaged was tight. They came in a blister pack, the kind of packaging that action figures come in. But instead of putting them with the rest of my Star Wars memorabilia, I ripped them open and started wearing them all over San Francisco, which was home to me at the time. These shoes came out sometime in the fall, so needless to say they got ruined pretty quickly. Oh well, I sure looked dope in the process of ruining these shoes. Shoes that can fetch as much as $1,500 on Ebay, when brand new still in the blister pack.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
We want to hear from you: do you agree with our assessment of Star Wars fashion? Let’s discuss.