Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke celebrates a huge Instagram milestone by celebrating with Chewbacca…
Emilia Clarke is currently filming scenes for the untitled Han Solo Star Wars story at Pinewood Studios in London, and the Game of Thrones star (Daenerys Targaryen) shared a video of her and her co-star Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca) celebrating 10-million followers on Instagram.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
Clarke’s role in the Han Solo film is still a secret, so we don’t know who (or what) she’ll be playing in the second standalone Star Wars movie, but maybe the fact that she’s celebrating with Chewbacca could be a clue? Probably, not, but we can’t help but fall in love with the thought of the Mother of Dragons playing a soft and cuddly Wookiee.
For now, the untitled Han Solo Star Wars story is set to hit theaters in May of 2018, and it’s got an all-star cast that includes:
- Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo.
- Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian.
- Woody Harrelson as Beckett.
- Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones — Daenerys Targaryen) in an unnamed role.
- Thandie Newton (Westworld — Maeve Millay) in an unnamed role.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Amazon’s Fleabag) in an unnamed role.
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.
- Michael K. Williams (The Wire — Omar Little) in an unnamed role.
- Ian Kenny (Game of Thrones — Ser Barristan Selmy) in an unnamed role.
Between new director Ron Howard sharing set photos on a regular basis, to now, Emilia Clarke celebrating with Chewbacca, the Han Solo film looks like it’s going to be a very fun ride, and we can’t wait to see it.