The official teaser for Solo: A Star Wars Story was released this morning and it looks amazing!
In case you didn’t get a chance to see Sunday night’s Super Bowl, in which a small teaser for Solo: A Star Wars Story aired, there was a promise of an official teaser coming this morning (Monday, Feb. 5). Well, as always, Disney/Lucasfilm delivered on its promise, and early the trailer was indeed released.
For some of you die-hard old school fans, this version of Han Solo will probably make you bristle and take to social media to claim Alden Ehrenreich isn’t your Han Solo. Well, all we ask is that you give it a chance. Here’s the trailer, so watch it with an open mind.
Right off the bat, Disney/Lucasfilm is calling this 1:25 trailer an “official teaser,” meaning there will be an official full-length trailer released sometime before Solo: A Star Wars Story is released at the end of May. They better get cracking, there isn’t much time left.
I’ve got to say, I’m digging the music interwoven with the Star Wars theme, here. This is a younger more wild Han Solo, and it looks like the music will reflect that. Let’s get to the highlights:
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
- Han’s been running scams on the streets since he was 10.
- Han and Emilia Clarke’s character are shown in a speeder outrunning someone.
- Han was kicked out of the Imperial Flight Academy “for having a mind of his own.”
- It looks like Han might be being chased by Corellian police.
- We get a shot of Han in a fur coat and then a very clean looking Millenium Falcon hallway. Did Han win the Falcon and that fur coat Lando is seen wearing later in the trailer?
- Han is standing on a snow-covered mountain.
- We get a shot of Han looking up at the Falcon.
- Woody Harrelson’s Beckett tells Han he’s putting together a crew. Emilia Clarke is shown again, as well as Lando, Thandie Newton’s character, and an alien. Chewbacca roars and Han says that’s a yes.
- The Falcon makes a jump to hyperspace.
- A lot of quick-fire shots with Han and Clarke’s character talking (it seems like this might be Han’s love interest in the film).
- Finally, Han pilots the Falcon away from an Imperial cruiser with TIE Fighters dropping into pursuit. Han dodges some tentacles.
All in all, this was a fun teaser trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story, and a great way to advertise for the film. I must admit, Alden Ehrenreich’s voice is kind of throwing me off, and I chalk that up to Harrison Ford’s unique voice, which no one can really match.
So, I say we simply enjoy the film for what it is: A Han Solo origin story and a brand new Star Wars film. Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters on May 25.