Marvel Comics teases new releases coming soon – at least one from each of the eras we have come to love during the movies.
Even though some Star Wars comics are ending, Marvel has teased a new slate of tomes are coming soon. While details were sparse, Marvel seems to have a number of new titles that will hit stores soon.
At the very least, there will be three new stories, but hopefully more than that.
With a new movie not coming out until December 2019, there will be a need to fill in some stories. In this case, the new Marvel titles will come from the three eras of the movies in what Marvel is calling the ‘Age of Star Wars.’
More from Star Wars Comics
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- New Star Wars comics this week: The High Republic Adventures and more
- A Newbies Guide to Star Wars Comics
- What is Star Wars: The High Republic?
- Free Comic Book Day 2024 has revealed their Star Wars titles
There will be a title from the Age of Republic, Age of Rebellion and Age of Resistance.
Marvel will release more information at New York Comic-Con during the Disney-Lucasfilm Publishing panel on October 5, at 3 p.m. ET.
Currently, Marvel has new Star Wars comics nearly every week. Recently, The Last Jedi comic adaptation came to a finish, and Lando: Double or Nothing completed its short run. Poe Dameron is also supposed to be ending soon as well. With three titles off of the docket, there is space that will need to be filled.
What I would like to see is a few longer running stories and not a one-shot or short run like Lando. While the Lando comic has been great, we didn’t get enough of it.
Here’s the list of current Marvel comics running:
- Star Wars
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron
- Star Wars: Doctor Aphra
- Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith
- Star Wars Solo Adaptation (five issues starting October 2018)
- Star Wars: Han Solo Imperial Cadet (five issues starting November 2018)
We’ll have more info on the new Star Wars Marvel Comics as soon as we get it. It will be good to head back to the Age of Republic.