Director Ron Howard is sharing more photos from the set of Star Wars: Han Solo…
Ron Howard is rapidly becoming one of my favorite Star Wars directors. Since taking over the untitled Star Wars: Han Solo project last month from the writing/directing team of Lord and Miller, Howard — an Academy Award-winning director for Appollo 13 — has been open about his love for the Star Wars universe, and has begun to share photos from the set, on what is starting to become a regular basis.
Here’s his latest photo shared via Twitter:
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
It makes sense that we will see Hyperspace travel in a film about Han Solo, a character known for his daring escapes from the Empire, both as a smuggler and hero of the Rebel Alliance. Of course, he did this aboard the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy — the Millennium Falcon.
We know that Star Wars: Han Solo (not official) will focus primarily on the origins of the legendary friendship between Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, and part of that is how Han won the Falcon from Lando.
The still untitled Han Solo Star Wars story will is being directed by Ron Howard and will star:
- Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo.
- Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian.
- Woody Harrelson as Beckett (Han Solo’s mentor).
- Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) in an unnamed role.
- Thandie Newton (Westworld) in an unnamed role.
- Michael K. Williams (The Wire) in an unnamed role.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Amazon’s Fleabag) in an unnamed role.
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca
Hopefully, we’ll get that official title for Han Solo, very soon, as the film is set to hit theaters in May of 2018, which is much shorter wait than Rogue One had from the debut of The Force Awakens.