Mark your calendars, Star Wars fans, as the second trailer for The Last Jedi is expected to drop on Monday, October 9…
For a while now, many Star Wars fans have speculated that the second trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi would air in early October, during a Monday Night Football game on ESPN, much like The Force Awakens and Rogue One before it.
Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) even seemed to give up the release date for the second trailer in a tweet, which he later lightheartedly walked back, and yet, his words seemed to ring true at the time.
Now, thanks to Star Wars News Net, who is relying on a trusted source, we believe to have confirmation that the second trailer — the full cinematic trailer — for Star Wars: The Last Jedi will drop during a Monday Night Football game on ESPN, on Monday, October 9.
With this information in hand, what can we expect for the full cinematic trailer from The Last Jedi? First, let’s have a look at the first one, again.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
Wow, that teaser still causes spine-tingling chills to run up and down my spine. But it does shed some light on what we might see in a full cinematic trailer for the film. Well, at least what we want to see, anyway.
- More Kylo Ren
- A shot of or even dialogue from Snoke
- More Luke
- Possibly a tease of Luke fighting with his green lightsaber
- Poe BB-8 flying X-wings
- Finn and Rose
Whether we see any of that, or not, Star Wars fans should expect a full-on nerdgasm when the cinematic trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi drops on October 9 (we hope).