It would appear as if the runtime for Star Wars: The Last Jedi has been revealed…
Many theater chains are updating their Star Wars: The Last Jedi pages to reflect a runtime for the film. And, if this information turns out to be legit (and not removed immediately at the behest of Disney/Lucasfilm) then it would make The Last Jedi the longest Star Wars film to date.
For proof, we headed over to AMC Theaters’ website and had a look ourselves, and yes, the reputable chain does, in fact, reflect the runtime to be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
AMC isn’t the only chain reflecting this news, as Cineplex and Fandango have now updated their The Last Jedi pages to show the reported runtime. Of course, Disney/Lucasfilm could swoop in and demand this runtime be removed until an official announcement has been made, but with so many trustworthy theater chains updating to this runtime, it does seem as if a whopping 2 hours and 30 minutes is indeed official.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
For comparison, here’s the runtime from each of the Star Wars franchise films:
- The Phantom Menace: 136 minutes
- Attack of the Clones: 142 minutes
- Revenge of the Sith: 140 minutes
- A New Hope: 121 minutes
- The Empire Strikes Back: 124 minutes
- Return of the Jedi: 134 minutes
- The Force Awakens: 136 minutes
At 150 minutes, The Last Jedi would sport the longest runtime of any Star Wars film, should it hold up, of course.
There are some considerations to take into account, however, as 150 minutes is a nice round number, and might seem too neat and tidy for some. Also, just because theater chains worldwide are beginning to update their sites to reflect this runtime, does not make it official.
No, we must wait for Disney/Lucasfilm to do that. Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits theaters on December 15.