Wild rumors for Star Wars: Episode IX surface, but are they reliable? Can you trust these rumblings or is it better to dismiss them? We get to the bottom of it!
The release of Star Wars: Episode IX is still 19 months away, yet wild rumors keep surfacing on the film’s plot and characters. In this day in age, you would think that Lucasfilm, the story group in charge of protecting Star Wars, and J.J. Abrams would do a better job of keeping the movie’s story under wraps.
Plus, J.J. Abrams is known to troll and release fake plot points, to keep people off balance when trying to predict the fate of his film’s before their release, in the past.
With “leaks” for Star Wars: Episode IX recently surfacing, can we trust them, or do we need to move along (move along)? Undoubtedly these plot points are a bit of a smoke screen, and I wouldn’t trust them, especially 19 months out, but there is one bright spight to these rumors.
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
It gives us something to speculate and hold us over until the first trailer for Star Wars: Episode IX, which is likely to drop at Star Wars Celebration 2019, in Chicago. Speaking of which, have you bought your tickets yet?
Anyways, here are the (supposed) plot points for Star Wars: Episode IX, from Star Wars Reddit user StarWarsSpeculation. Keep in mind, these are wild rumors, and we are not claiming any of them of being correct.
- Star Wars: Episode IX will fast forward five years past Star Wars: The Last Jedi. One reason this has gained a bit of steam is due to John Boyega’s new hairstyle — which is a bit longer than his usual look.
- The First Order has a secret that changes the fate of the galaxy and the Resistance. Could it be that Thrawn is alive? Or, one that blackmails the Resistance?
- Kylo Ren and the First Order have set up shop on a water planet, using Galactic slaves to do their bidding. Honestly, I would love to see Kylo Ren on Mustafar, recovering his Granddad’s old castle. How much fun would that be?!
- Kylo Ren and his pawns, the Knights of Ren, are hunting down Force users, while Rey and her peeps are protecting them.
- General Hux is a mole, but not one you might think. It’s not for the good guys, but a ploy in bringing down Kylo Ren, who he feels has stolen his rightful ownership as the Supreme Leader. If true, I cannot see this going well for the ambitious General. I bet he chokes on his aspirations, instead.
- The Resistance flees into the Unknown Regions, seeking the help of a cunning Alien being (Thrawn?)
- Rey and Kylo Ren are secretly in love, but are both on a much different path, until they decide they can co-exist. The idea of Reylo is fantastic and if the Lucasfilm Star Wars story group finds a way to pull of a love affair between the two — I say, bring it on!
- Here’s where the Star Wars: Episode IX rumors get really crazy. According to these same wild rumors, Kylo Ren impregnated Rey and is secretly trying to kill her and his son — once he finds out.
What can we take away from these wild Star Wars: Episode IX rumors? Honestly, not much. Just enjoy the ride of speculation and do not hold onto to your theories too firmly — have fun with it instead!
Star Wars: Episode IX opens in theatres December of 2019, while Solo: A Star Wars Story is playing in theaters, worldwide.