The highly anticipated trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story could drop during the premiere of The Last Jedi.
At this time exactly two weeks from now, many of us will be feasting our eyes upon Star Wars: The Last Jedi for the very first time, with hopes of a Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer along with it.
Let those words entirely sink in. The Last Jedi will be here in 14 days. If that wasn’t enough, fans of a galaxy far, far away could receive another treat during the world premiere.
A teaser poster for Solo: A Star Wars Story was spotted at local theatres, teasing it’s May 25, 2018, release date.
Promotion of Solo: A Star Wars Story before the release of The Last Jedi is quite telling, with the first trailer for Solo likely preceding it.
Lucasfilm and Disney are wise if they were to drop the trailer for Solo on December 15, with The Last Jedi. With the film releasing in nearly six months, promotion for it is necessary, especially with the bad press following the departure of Lord and Miller from the project.
The only drawback, however, is possibly leaving a bad taste in people’s mouths. If the reception for Solo and Alden Ehrenreich’s initial portrayal of him doesn’t sit well, it could hinder their experience for The Last Jedi.
The best approach would be leaving the trailer for afterThe Last Jedi, instead of right before it. That way, when The Last Jedi blows us away, we will be more open to seeing footage of Solo. The reaction will be “The Last Jedi was awesome, bring on more Star Wars.”
A classic win-win (win) approach, if there ever was one, leaving us with this response:
More from Dork Side of the Force
- Daniel José Older named a High Republic Adventures character after someone special
- How animation changed Star Wars: Ewoks and Droids
- Kelleran Beq comes to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal becomes No. 1 on IMDb’s Starmeter for 2023
- Unwrapping the Star Wars LEGO Advent Calendar: Day 7
Solo: A Star Wars Story stars:
- Ron Howard: Director/Co-writer
- Lawerence Kasdan: Co-writer
- Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo.
- Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian.
- Woody Harrelson as Beckett.
- Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) in an unnamed role.
- Thandie Newton (Westworld) in an unnamed role.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Amazon’s Fleabag) in an unnamed role.
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.
- Ian Kenny (Game of Thrones) in an unnamed role.
Solo: A Star Wars Story will premiere worldwide May 25, 2018.